Monday, January 18, 2021

The best ideas win. #knowjusticeknowpeace

The quote project featuring the words of Dr. King inspired me so much! I found myself getting emotional just hearing the voices of our students and staff share his voice. And it also served as a reminder to me that this work is our forever work that can sometimes feel like it's limited to one day or one month. This quote is one that really sticks with me for many reasons, and I appreciate that we can have hard conversations and I feel grateful that if there is something bothering you, you tell me. Keep doing this! And especially when it comes to equity for students and staff. Please hold me accountable for this work. Tell me how I can do better. And please share any ideas for making our school and community better. We are so lucky to have the future in our hands! Thank you for all that you do to love our students and each other. Cheeck out the Flipgrid now!

https://flipgrid.com/5c27cced

On a little different topic, I saw this video (it's just over 2 minutes) in one of my masters classes last week and it reminds me why I am glad we don't have committees and that when we do meet as a staff, or as teachers, all are invited to share ideas and ask questions. As principal, I don't have all the answers - nah, any answers some times! But together we are brilliant and all of your ideas are what makes Waggoner the incredible place it is. 

Steve Jobs: "If you wanna hire great people and have them stay working for you, you have to let them make a lot of decisions and you have to be run by ideas not hierarchy. The best ideas have to win, otherwise good people don't stay."

Thanks for walking alongside me as we make many decisions!

1/20  No meeting
1/21  Site Council 3:00. Zoom
1/21 Board Meeting 6:00 Zoom
1/22  Grade level 1:30
1/26  PTA meeting 6:00 Zoom
1/27  Student data/goals reflection meetings (schedule coming!)
1/27  Professional Learning/Staff Meeting 1:30
1/27  Phil Tulga Journey Through The Mind Assembly
2/12 and 2/15 No School - Presidents Weekend


Happy Birthday January!
1 Arlene Borchard
2 Ambi Gardner
15 Elise Martínez 
16 Jessica Nunez
19 Christine Baylor


Add your Gold Stars here!

Made with Padlet


No comments:

Post a Comment