Sunday, September 13, 2020

Hang in there!


Love the supply pickups!
Great work!


This week I will say thank you again for all of your hard work. A friend of mine who is a superintendent in another district said that in the fourth week he felt something shift- and it wasn't that it got easy, but that the school got into the groove of this new way of doing school. It gave me hope, and I hope that it begins to feel that way for you soon, too. I know everything takes three times as long right now! I am not sure if you see or feel it, but you are all doing an INCREDIBLE job. What you have done to transform  Zoom into an inviting and caring learning environment is NOT happening everywhere. I hope you know how wonderful you are, and that this Waggoner village is very special. From the office team, to Kristina and Brandy, to our incredible aides, teachers, student teachers, our coach, counselor, food service, maintenance, and more -- I thank you for giving your best every day when your tanks feel empty. Kermit is onto something!


Keeping up our energy and positivity is important, and yet I know it can be annoying when people say to take time for you when it feels like there is so much to do! I hope you can begin to find time to do at least  one little thing to take a break, or have some fun. Sometimes it just helps me knowing I am not alone. Here are a few things I saw this week that gave me some inspiration, including a little painted rock on my walk. :) I hope you have a great week. Please let me know if you need anything!




If you are old enough to remember David Archuleta from American Idol... 
here he is with a little inspiration :)

Gold Stars!
 

Made with Padlet

Dates & Details

9/14-18 iReady diagnostic window 2nd grade
9/15 ish Dot Day! http://www.thedotclub.org/dotday
9/16 Discretionary Day #1 - no meeting 
9/17 WJUSD Board Meeting 6:00
9/18 7:45-3:00 1st Grade Supply Pickup
9/18 PGC Goals Due in Google Classroom
9/21 7:45-3:00 Kinder Supply Pickup  
9/23 Progress Reports - no staff meeting (DBE meeting 1:30)
9/28-10/2 Conference week - no meeting 
10/1 Winters Park Playground Art due (papers going home in next supply pickup!) 






No comments:

Post a Comment